It has been a month since the start of production of the Mercedes-Benz EQB at the Hungarian facilities in Kecskemét, from where the units for all markets will come out with the exception of the Chinese. Today the prices for the German market have been announced, the rates start at 55,311.20 euros with 19% VAT for the EQB 300 4MATIC 168 kW / 229 hp.
Those who opt for it EQB 350 4MATIC they’ll have to scratch their pockets a little more, 57,988.70 euros, in exchange for the more powerful version, with 215 kW / 292 hp. The pack of batteries is the same in the two versions, 66.5 kWh net, as well as the approved autonomy. Both EQBs declare a consumption of 19.4 to 18.1 kWh / 100 km and have an asynchronous motor on the front axle and a permanent magnet synchronous motor on the rear.
The “translation” at Spanish prices can be estimated considering our 21% VAT, since the registration tax is still 0 euros: EQB 300 4MATIC for about 56,240.80 euros, and EQB 350 4MATIC for 58,963.30 euros. There may be a significantly higher difference for transport costs. Prices are for versions of five seats, you have to add 1,416.10 euros extra for having the third row and having a 5 + 2 for passengers who do not exceed 1.65 m in height.
Mercedes EQB Featured Equipment Versions and Packages
As is usual in any Premium brand, the customer can spend -if he considers it- more money to have a slightly more complete car. The statement highlights:
- Edition 1: Available shortly with an extra cost of 8,520.40 euros, it incorporates the Night package with the AMG exterior, with light 20 ″ wheels and matt copper paint details. Inside we find neva gray leather with CYBER CUT contrast stitching in blue. Some details of the interior are also colored.
- Advanced Package: the dashboard has a single screen instead of two 10.25 ″ and the Mirror and Parking packages are added, which facilitate parking. It has a cost of 2,570.40 euros, unless you have opted for Edition 1, which is included at no extra cost.
- Advanced Plus Package: The KEYLESS-GO, THERMOTRONIC dual-zone climate control, improved sound equipment and wireless mobile phone recharging are added to the previous package. This already rises to 3,677.10 euros.
- Driving Assistance Package– Enhanced driver assistance to reduce traffic hazards in relation to other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. They are 1,439 euros to stay one more calm.
- Electric Art– Comes with 18 ″ two-tone alloy wheels and interior trim and upholstery details. Its cost is 940.10 euros.
All EQBs come standard with one year of service Mercedes me charge, which facilitates access to 600,000 charging points worldwide with simple and convenient billing – recharges are not free. In addition, Mercedes-Benz offers insurance that covers possible total battery discharges (autonomy 0) or that the cable itself is protected – they are not very cheap to say the least.
Its five-seater electric-powered rivals are the Audi Q4 e-tron, Jaguar I-PACE, MG Marvel R Electric, Nissan Ariya, Volkswagen ID.4 and Škoda Enyaq. If we also want to make the comparison with an equivalent 5 + 2, we have the Tesla Model Y, whose third row is also optional.